Free Essays on Education System In Srilanka - Brainia.com.
The standard of education among Muslims in Sri Lanka is very pathetic, shocking and alarming. The percentage of Muslims gaining admission to the Universities are falling year by year and is around 3% at present, even though Muslims amount to 7% of the total population of Sri Lanka. 65% of the entry to Universities is based on performance and the remaining 35% is based on Quota and Provincial.
Sri Lanka gives high priority for the education through its free education policy from year one up to the university level. However, it has been unable to gain its full benefits due to many obstacles.
Sri Lanka is poised to have a knowledge-based and job-oriented education system in the future through the implementation of advanced education methods applying to the local context, according to.
However, the historical development of the education system in Sri Lanka suggests the international trend of higher educational attainment in urban areas may not hold in Sri Lanka. Post-independence political parties courted the rural vote by investing in schools and other development projects heavily through the 1950s and 1960s.
As a result of the free education policy (1947) and introduction of Sinhala and Tamil languages as the medium of education, Sri Lanka achieved universal primary education by 1964, then 92% of literacy rate, gender parity and the third Millennium Development Goal of eliminating disparities in enrolment in education. However, present education system faces several major challenges related to.
Sri Lanka needs greater numbers of craftsmen and people with technical and technological skills - the skills demanded by today’s industry and the market - as pointed out by the German Ambassador, Dr. Juergen Morhard. Conclusion The Sri Lankan education system requires a qualitative change.
Sri Lankan Newspapers: Sinhala News Sites. A list of Sri Lankan newspapers and news sites including Divaina, Lankadeepa, Dinamina, Lakbima, Silumina, Daily News, and Thinakaran sorted by Sinhala, English, and Tamil-language.